1. Put a whole spaghetti squash in the oven for 60 minutes at 375 degrees.
2. While that is cooking make marinara sauce per Healthy Living How To recipe. Put in saucepan and simmer.
3. Brown 1 lb. of grass-fed ground beef. Add to marinara sauce.
4. Take spaghetti squash out of oven and cut lengthwise.
5. Realize you are a dumbass and that what you have is, in fact, butternut squash.
6. Curse. Any four-letter word will do here.
7. Listen to your kids whining about how hungry they are.
8. Come to the realization that you are just going to have to make this work.
9. Come to the realization that you have no idea how to cut up a butternut squash.
Google “how to cut up butternut squash”.
10. Repeat step 7.
11. Repeat step 6 liberally.
12. Randomly take a knife to butternut squash and hack away until you have bite-sized pieces of edible parts of butternut squash.
13. Come to the realization that because you followed the directions for cooking spaghetti squash and not butternut squash about half of the pieces are not fully cooked and are rather hard. Call it “al dente squash” and proceed to step 14.
14. Pour meaty marinara sauce over al dente butternut squash.
15. Gloat to your family about how you just came up with a new recipe.
16. Share your newfound wisdom on your blog or social media of your choice.
|Butternut Squash with Meaty Marinara Sauce. Yeah, I meant to make this.|